Have you ever felt worried or nervous about taking a test or doing something for the first time? You might feel your heart beating, your hands might sweat or you might have butterflies in your stomach. Some kids find it hard to get to sleep or stay asleep, or their mind goes blank. Sometimes you may even feel really cranky or grumpy and not know why.
You might get these feelings when you:
- are taking part in a play
- are reading out loud in front of your class
- are doing a talk at school
- want to do your best at school sports
- meet new people or
- are going somewhere that you've never been before